Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Games and working morals.

Remember this from several months ago?
Well I too have been thinking long and hard about it (two months of long and hard, in fact). I have consulted impartial professionals. I have asked my employers. I have discussed the issue over and over again. I have lost nights of sleep. I think on Christmas eve it's about the right time to set the record straight on my stand on this matter enabling me to put it to bed once and for all. I too work in areas which are very sensitive. I work with the elderly, the homeless, the drug dependent, members of the general public, the disabled, mental care patients, the list goes on and on. I can assure my readers, my clients and my employers that I will never publish anything at all about my work that may involve any of these vulnerable (oops, sorry, not a politically correct word anymore)... any of these people, my workmates or my employers themselves in any way, despite the incredibly good reading it would make. It's not right. There is an unspoken understanding of trust that I feel would be a betrayal if I were to behave in any other way than above reproach at all times because of the highly sensitive areas in which I work. That includes posting any information about them in any public area of the web, whatever the law might say on the matter. I cannot apply my moral understanding to another person however, that being ultimately their choice. I can choose to be offended by it, at the time it made me very uncomfortable to say nothing of the soul - searching. I considered withdrawing from the blogosphere altogether over it. I'm very glad that Yaeli has considered this matter to the degree she has and I feel that it's appropriate to finally discuss it here. It may seem an over-reaction to some, but to me it's a massive issue. How in the world can I work in this area if I feel that I can't be trusted? How therefore can I read another's writing about it and fail to comment? How do I react when that comment goes awry? Well, I've been privileged to learn the answers to these questions, despite how slow I've been to announce it. So, no hard feelings, but in best Bill & Ted styley a most excellent Christmas wish going out a little early to Yaeli and all my readers.
Attack of the Mutant Artificial Trees
Right, now that that's out of the way, let's see what I can find to interest you for a few minutes in a roundup of ChristmAdventure Elfas games. First up on the Google list is PrimaryGames.com (beware pop-up ads) who offer us a wide selection of Christmas themed games including Attack of the Mutant Artificial Trees (shockwave) which is another one where you shoot the trees that rise from boxes and avoid hitting the elves. It's a nice example of it's kind and is well done. Another wSpank The Frankell done one they have is Adventure Elf (shockwave) which is a platform game in the best traditions of manic minor. Extremely addictive and easily playable. Remember, don't step on yellow snow. I found these two games and more though at freeworldgroup.com (beware popups, popunders and LOUD jingley bells) where there is alsPengapopo the hilarious Spank The Frank (shockwave) and the brilliantly frenetic Pengapop (shockwave)which brings a whole new idea to the old breakout games. I urge you to play it - it's great. Right, that's enough for now. Hopefully, I'll be posting tomorrow at some point to wish you all a more timely season's greeting,, but right now I should go and get all those presents I've been too busy to buy. Have a good Christmas, all, and enjoy the games.

22 Comments:

At 2:22 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Hmmm...privacy is such a hot button issue these days, whether it's in regards to blogs or IMing or online journals like MySpace. Glad you sorted it out for yourself.

Merry Christmas! Here via Michele's!

 
At 3:14 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great looking blog! Those games look good.

Have a great Christmas. Here via Michele.

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Euian said...

You too, have a good Christmas.

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Mike said...

Have a Merry christmas. Michelle sent me.

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger craziequeen said...

Well said, fuzz :-)

Here from Michele's....

cq

 
At 4:17 pm, Blogger Zephra said...

Thanks for the game ideas. The kids will love em.

Via Michele's.

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger craziequeen said...

I'm SO bad at computer games.....

[sob]

cq

here from Michele's again :-)

Merry Christmas, fuzz :-)

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger Theo said...

cased closed. next.

thanks for the game links.

Here from Michele's

 
At 6:27 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said...

glad you got to have your say on the matter. hope you and yours have a happy christmas, fuzz! ;)

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger R. Edmondson said...

Well said my friend. Thanks for sharing those games :)

Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said...

back via michele this time. enjoy the holidays, fuzz! :)

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger Courtney said...

Merry Christmas!
Thanks for coming by earlier.

 
At 9:12 pm, Anonymous Mark said...

Merry christmas to you as well, and I like the new style of your blog! Have a great 2006, let's hope it will become a better year with positive opportunities. See ya around fuzz.

 
At 12:10 am, Anonymous Kat said...

During college I volunteered at a rape crisis center. I signed an agreement that stated that I would not disclose any information about the cases I handled, regardless of how vague I was. The director of the center did not even divulge information to her husband. I feel that I would take that approach to sensitive information belonging to others.

 
At 12:14 am, Blogger kontan said...

privacy issues are touchy. i teach and avoid posting any specifics about my students or situations that may take place.

clicked in from micheles.

 
At 1:07 am, Blogger kenju said...

FuzzBuck, I have no doubt that you will comport yourself well in the blog world! Merry Christmas!

Michele sent me.

 
At 1:34 am, Anonymous Last Girl On Earth said...

I LOVE GAMES! Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. Hope you get everything your heart desires this holiday. Merry Xmas. Here via Michele's.

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi There...
Here from Michele this A.M. here in L.A.
For some reason these game things never interested me...I always liked solitaire and gentle games like that, but these others....just not for me..But I like looking at all the photo's blown up of the games you showed!

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger Uisce said...

Hello, Michele sent me! And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 10:54 pm, Anonymous Pearl said...

Hire who you trust and trust who you hire or the boss is the one in the wrong.

 
At 7:36 pm, Blogger Writing idiot said...

hmmm i can understand why a rape case should never be discussed. any of it. but medical issues! you know me fuzz for illogical reasonings and arguing a loseing case but i feel your worng for saying that its not right to discuss any cases. if medical cases didnt get discussed then we would all have illness's that are now no longer a threat. if you feel its wrong then say its not right in your opinion. reading cases of illness can enlighter some readers to the fact that a close relative has similar problems and might need help. i know this through experiance. the doctor said nothing was wrong yet after reading about another persons case (never knowing who the person was but just the problems they had) and asking the doctor "could it be this?" the doctor ran the test and found that they had missed something.(that was hard to say with out giveing too much away. wouldnt want to offend. ;) )
ill agree as far as yes some cases should never in any part be mention except in the line of work. rape cases i feel very strongly about. but as to medical and mental cases then as long as theres a certainty that the person whose case is being discussed can not in away way be identified then a discussion should be allowed and accepted. this is my view and my opinion. many others feel as strongly against my opinion but thats life. plus this is a gaming blog. i dont come here to get drawn into these serious discussions, lol

 
At 7:20 am, Blogger sukhjit said...

Yes writing idiot what you sad perfect.According my point of view doctor ran the test and found that they had missed something.But this is a gaming blog. If any body want to buy any movie trailers click on link given below.
---------------------------------
Sukhjit
View Latest Movie Trailers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Google