Thursday, September 08, 2005

Final Fantasy

FF7 CoverWell, what a few days it's been for me, but I won't bore you all with my problems I'll just get straight on with my latest offering which is again a short one (sorry) in which I'll introduce a game series I'm sure many of you are already familiar with. Final Fantasy is one of my great loves in gaming. The seventh episode is the reason I bought a Playstation and started getting back into computer games all those years ago. Back then I was a biCloud, FFVII Herot more of a serious games head having run, managed and been referee at several Live Fantasy Role Playing Games companies where grown men hit each other with swords. Computer games were for kids. Then I saw FFVII and changed my opinioSephiroth, FFVII tortured Villiann. It was incredible and at least as much thought had been put into the rich land and plot of this game as I had myself into the lands, plots and political intrigues that I had created. Someone else had done all the work and they had done it better than me. Ok, I was constrained to an image on a screen and not in a castle, cave or forest with a sword in my hand ready to hack and slaRed, FFVII Herosh at all opponent's but it pulled me back to the world of video games in no uncertain terms. For days, weeks and months I locked myself away until I reached the end. Then I bought a walkthrough and saw just how much I had missed. There's no doubt that this series just went from strength to strength with every new release and thoroughly deserves it's place in the hall of gaming greats. From flying universities to Chocobo breeding and space ships these games had it all and is another one of those I will look at more closely to see just which buttons were pushed for me and the rest of the worlds gamers to make it such a relentless winner. Fight scene from FFVII

4 Comments:

At 12:47 pm, Blogger Non of the Above said...

i know this should go in your chess section but i didn't want you to miss it:

http://turbulence.org/spotlight/thinking/chess.html

SEE what the chess computer is thinking!!!

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger simply not edible said...

FF is indeed fantastic. I can't wait for the re-release of III on the NDS, which should appear shortly.

The NES cart of FF I was also the most I ever payed for a single game save DDR w/ Mario, but it was worth all the 99 Euro's it cost me.

 
At 12:29 am, Blogger Tina said...

I love the Final Fantasy Series too, but FF9 is my fav.

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger Paul Baker said...

Having just watched Advent Children, it reminded me of just how good this games is / was. Maybe I will have to play through it again =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Google