Saturday, August 20, 2005

Black and White

Ape in the Creature caveAnother day trying to sort Black and White and got nowhere. This is becoming addictive. An attempt at therapy is to write the article anyway and see what happens. I think Black and White is great. You play a god. In control of worshippers and their village(s) there are many very nice touches. By far the best and most immediately visible is the creature you get to control. Every god needs a creature and many are available including hidden ones that you'll have fun trying to find and ones you can download for free. There are other gods out there of course, the game comprising of trying to survive, help your villages to grow and thwart the plans of others. Oh yes, anGood, slightly tubby ape walks away from a battled to save the world. There are many side quests to follow as well which kept me amused for hours. It's not a straight strategy game either, contrary to the way it was marketed, with aspects of role playing and the inimitable creature. That in itself is a joy. You have to train your creature you see. It learns, has it own developing personality and intelligence and is such fun in it's own right there's a game in itself. I heartily recommend it for that alone. If you want to know how to train it there are many many sites that go into it in great detail. Some tricks I learned, apart from the obvious ones. I had my monkey to the point where I Lightning spellcould leave it in a village and it would take care of ALL the villagers needs as well as itself with the added benefit that it would set fire to it's own poo or throw it out to sea. Was really hard to get it out of the game of "toss the villager" though.
There's Easter eggs (look in the schoolhouse in the first village), hidden secrets, magic to learn (and teach), a main quest, side quests, puzzles, battles, strategy and much more in this game.


And LionheAdult Creaturesad are releasing B&W 2. It looks awesome as these few screenshots show. I'm really really looking forward to it, wondering just what (apart from graphics) they can improve in this excellent addition to my gaming pleasure.



Ahh, that'll be it. Proper real-time strategy-based large battles. Cool.

Lion and Greek army


Japanese Army

6 Comments:

At 7:33 pm, Blogger simply not edible said...

That beats "Doshin the Giant", that's for sure. I don't know if you know that one, but it was a simplified version of this. Then again, as a console gamer, I can't complain the fact they at least tried to make a God-game, can I?

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger FuzzBuck Fuzz said...

Nope, don't know it. Must admit there's a few times i've regretting selling my consoles. But then again, with over 30 free games listed on my own site, I can't really complain either.

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger Professor Peach said...

OMG this looks AWESOME.
Is it me, or do the soldiers and their kit/flags etc look like they're from the Total War series?

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger FuzzBuck Fuzz said...

Looks very similar to me too.

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Writing idiot said...

B+W2 looks awesome. thankyou for introducing me to the first B+W fuzz. now ill have to save me pennies.
btw im still clicking the ads ;)

 
At 11:47 pm, Blogger FuzzBuck Fuzz said...

lol - thx dude. Awesome-looking indeed. Not trawled around their site for the general release date yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Google